You’re Matched According to Answers OkCupid matches you with others not only based on your browsing activity on the site, but also based on the way you answer a number of introductory questions. Examples of the questions include:
- Which is more important to you, sex or true love?
- Is your astrological sign important to you?
- Could you date someone who is very messy?
- Would you consider an open relationship?
- How important is religion in your life?
You can set your answers to be publicly available, or you can choose to set all (or some) to private. The more questions you answer, the more information the site can use to match you with others � and the more others can determine whether you are a match for them. When someone contacts you, you can see how much of a �Match,� �Friend,� or �Enemy� they are based upon how their answers compare to yours.
By continuing to answer questions, you actively update your profile, which leads to more views.