What is the USDA Streamlined Assist Refinance Loan?
With a simpler application process, this refinance option features no debt-to-income limitations, no inspection or appraisal, and no loan-to-value requirements.
USDA Streamline-Assist Refinance Loan Basics
- Available to borrowers when their savings is greater than $50.00 per month
- Finance up to 100% of the home’s value
- No appraisal or calculation of debt ratios
- Borrower is not required to show employment documentation
- 620 minimum credit score required
- Prior to applying, borrower must have made 12 consecutive on-time payments
- 30 year fixed rate term option
- No prepayment penalties
- Primary Residence Only
- Additional borrowers can be added to the refinance, but borrowers cannot be removed
What are the benefits?
Generally No Appraisal Required
One of the key benefits of this streamlined program is that generally no appraisal is needed on the property for the refinance, eliminating associated fees and keeping money in the borrower’s pocket.
Eliminate Out-of-Pocket Expenses
The USDA Streamlined Refinance Loan not only makes it possible for rural homeowners to lower their monthly mortgage payments, but they can also roll all the closing costs into the new loan. Like all USDA rural housing loans, this loan is subject to the 1% upfront fee and 0.35% annual fee.
No Credit Examination
Unlike traditional refinance options, this program doesn’t require a credit review. However, the lender must verify that the current mortgage has been paid on time for 12 months prior to the refinance application.